Gala’s Roses is one of the most prestigious plebiscites in Poland, where representatives of the world of culture and show business are awarded. As one of the few, it combines exceptional personas of music, film, traditional media and the internet. This year’s gala was already the 14th edition of this amazing undertaking.
Candidates for the plebiscite are submitted by editors of the biweekly, and winners are chosen by readers of the magazine and chapter members who are the authorities in their fields. In previous years, Roses were awarded to, among others, Anna Dymna - for her contribution to help for the disabled and the needy, Tomasz Kot - for his role in "Gods", Rev. Jan Kaczkowski, creator of the Pucki Hospice of St. Father Pio or Borys Szyc for his role in the play Hamlet at Warsaw’s Contemporary Theatre. The list of this year’s winners is equally impressive.
This year, the gala ceremony took place on November 21 in the Uffico Primo building in Warsaw. The hosts of the evening were Anna Zejdler-Ibisz (editor-in-chief of the bi-weekly "Gala") and Piotr Kraśko, also awarded in the MEDIA category. As the jury argued: he has given breakfast television a new quality.
The others honored this year are:
• FILM category: Andrzej Seweryn for the role of Zdzisław Beksiński in one of the most-famous films of the year - "The Last Family";
• MUSIC category: Margaret and Matt Dusk for the album "Just the Two of Us";
• BOOKS category: Anna Fryczkowska for "Six women in the snow (not counting the bitch)";
• THEATER category: Małgorzata Kożuchowska for her role in the television theater "Them Four";
• ONLINE category: Michał Szpak for creating a colorful and controversial image on the Internet.
This year, the special prize, awarded by the editors of "Gala", was given to Magdalena Rozdżka for her charity work.
The evening was graced with performances of outstanding artists: Zbigniew Wodecki, Margaret in a duet with Matt Dusek, Marina Łuczenko-Szczęsna and Ive Mendes.
The partner of the event was Cisowianka Perlage supporting the Gala’s Roses plebiscite for years.